soap on a rope?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamaT

Reaction score
Has anyone made soap on a rope? If so what type of rope did you use? Cotton? Nylon? I had someone ask me for this and I'm at a loss to know what type of rope to use.

I have seen the "soap ropes" from out aussie soap suppliers. Have you checked who you get your fo's or colourants from?
I have seen a tutorial for soap on a roap and it was with a two piece mould that they set upright and held together with elastic bands while they poured the soap into. Then the rope was put into the soap before it set up.

x

:D you can use fresh soap-right out of the mold.

using rubber gloves, cut off a chunck and weigh 4-5 oz and squish it like playdoh around a line piece of nylon line. roll and shape it into a smooth ball. let dry for 3-4 weeks. i like to flatten the ball a bit-it's just easier to use. (IMHO)

if you want to roll them in herbs or spices, wait until they harden up good, then using a little water work up a lather and then roll them in the herbs. let dry for 24 hrs.

you can press little sea shell into them, too. (remove before using!)

don't use a water discount as you want the soap sof enough to mold.

you can get very thin nylon rope at any hardware store.

Thanks Monet, I saw some on ebay and it seemed kind of expensive, I thought I had seen some rope at Lowe's that would work well.

Could you use Macrame cord for this? It is fade resistant and rot resistant, comes in many sizes. I am not talking about the kind that is made from hemp.

Val

I was thinking about making some as well, but I don't like the round balls...they are hard to hold onto. If I make them I'm going to make them square.

Anyway, I wanted to give you an idea suggestion: Market towards campers. Soap on a rope makes it easy to keep up with in those showers they use:)

Back