soap for hunters

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitehorsesoaps

Reaction score
Deer hunting season is upon us, and we have a lot of hunters around here. They are always concerned with masking their scent, and I was asked by a friend to make.......hold on to your seats......deer urine soap. My friend brought me some vials of deer pee from a hunting store, and I wasn't sure how the stuff would react with CP process, so I made it using M&P method. I have to say, it worked, and while it did have a lovely clear golden color, the stench was truly disgusting. But my friend is happy and can't wait to take it on his hunting trips.

I'm not sure, but that is either the coolest or the foulest thing I've heard this week. But hey, you may have discovered an entire new niche market. Your soaps could sell in various sporting goods stores all over! It's kinda like becoming the actor that everyone knows from the Herpes commercial. Yeah, you're successful, but do you want to be known for it?

may i be among the first to say
thats awsome!
we live in an area known for hunting
hunters would love that
why it could be as big as... oh i dont know....deer urine
it does not stay on the shelf around here in hunting season
you could also offer a small burlap pouch with it
a hunter could then tie it to his waste
i do this with my bug repelent soap for hiking and camping
works great for bugs so it should work for deer
wash with it, tie on waste. the scent will stay with you all day

Personally, I think :shock: and EW.....but you could have a niche market for that. I know lotsa hunters that would think that was the coolest stuff in the world.

Yeah, I wish I had snapped some pictures of it before I handed them out. I was wondering if sporting stores may be interested in carrying it, (kaCHING!) but technically, the deer urine isnt supposed to be on your skin, so they'd probably be nervous about liability. We'll see if any of the hunters break out in a rash from it.

I reckon that's fantastic. Even better if it works. Was it Doe urine? I have visions of strapping big Stags following the hunter around. :lol:

for Fish we are supposed to use anise to hide the human stink, and then lemongrass to remove the fish stink.

I call my two soaps "Before Fish" and "After Fish".

dunno if anise is for animals as well.

ew, ive smelled this before, it is nasty, my hubby is a hunter and uses no scent everything! ususally doe in heat is for the outside of boots, not for body, ew!

Latest posts

Back