Soap balls?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make mine either with left over HP or grated. With the grated, I grab a handful, run it under some warm water and start squishing it together. You have to be gentle or it won't stay together but once it dries, its sturdy.

Are these for putting in as embeds or making balls as soap ?

For embeds I grate the soap, put it in the microwave. heat slightly , take it out and roll into small balls while still warm. I haven't made balls as soap, so can't help with that, but you try doing it the same way and see how that goes.

I'm wanting to do embeds, how old is the soap you grate? I tried with soap about a week old and it was a mess. But I also didn't heat it either, so I'll have to give that a try

When I make soap balls for embeds, I make a small batch of soap specifically for the embeds. I let it set till it's just the right consistency (play doh) and I roll it using nitrile gloves. I find the balls turn out much smoother on the inside this way. Roll it like a meatball and then finish it up by cupping it in your two palms with your wrists facing each other and almost touching. Bounce the ball around lightly for a minute (this is where a video would be useful) and it seems to really even out anything uneven. Scooping the soap out with a melon baller would probably be a good way to do it too. (If you make a batch specifically for rolling)

I'm wanting to do embeds, how old is the soap you grate? I tried with soap about a week old and it was a mess. But I also didn't heat it either, so I'll have to give that a try

Sorry, the grated balls aren't for embeds. I use that method to make large balls to wash with. For embeds, I use fresh soap that has set up until its about like clay then roll it into small balls.

Sometimes the balls are a bit sticky and don't look very good, in that case I'll let them dry a bit then come back and roll them around in my palm again to smooth.

There are tiny ball molds you can get but I've not ever tried them. I've also seen people use melon ballers

Thanks, I think I may have given up too soon...I made fresh soap to try the soap balls and grated them up and then tried to roll them it was just a sticky mess. I will keep trying until I figure out the best time for me to start rolling!

I use up all my old soap for grating - can be a year old or longer. It's usually when it loses scent that I do this - no point in using fresh stuff.

Thanks! I've watched those videos, the first one is allergic to gloves, I love her videos but as for the other idk, lol I never even thought of it that way until you said that about the skin cells. I'll probably try agin this week to get some made:)

Back