so sad...the gremlins visited

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krissy

Reaction score
:( last night i made this amazing scented vanilla sandalwood and divided it into 3 separate containers and did my first funnel swirl in a pvc pipe mold. it smelled so good and the colors came out so nice. i went to tap it on the counter to make sure i didnt have any air bubbles and the first time i tapped it, the bottom fell out and dumped my beautiful soap all over the counter.

i quickly put the lid back on and used a spatula to plop what i could back in the mold, but even in the dumped mess, you could see all these beautiful rings of color... i don't know what i will end up with now. it is still warm so i am letting it finish cooling before i check it.

Oh no! That's something I would imagine happening to me...it must be killing you so see how it has turned out, fingers crossed that it's OK! The scent sounds great.

krissy that's a rotten thing to happen!

I love the sandalwood and vanilla FO ... and love the colour it turns.

Hope the soap you saved is fine!

Oh no! I totally feel your pain. I poured my soap into the molds last night, swirled some lovely swirls then started to clean up. When I went to move the molds, I noticed one of them was leaking and my lovely new soap was glopped on the floor and the counter. I wanted to cry. :(

that happened to me once--it is such a pain. Hope your swirls are not completely gone! Maybe you will have more of a marbled look.

i was able to save the soap, i got 5 usable bars out of it, but i lost all of my swirl. the one nice thing is that this sandalwood vanilla only discolors to light tan so it still looks ok, just much more plain.

i had to try again though so i did another funnel swirl that is supposed to be purple and brown. i havent picked it up, so it should be save. lol

Back