small silicone molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miha Engblom

Reaction score
Hello! I have been trying my new silicone molds with cpop soap and i get funny air bubles almost each time.
I pour the batter slowly into the cavities at a light trace, then i wait a few hours until the soap gets really firm and after that i put them in the own one and a half hour or something like that on 140F.
The only time i did not got air bubles was when the batter traced to fast and i had to scoop the soap into the molds.
My husband tried them also with some cpop aleppo soap and he got the same problem. the soap bubbled up during the gelling.
One more interesting thing... the soap is not bubbling the same much into my smallest ice cube smile molds although i use the same batter.
Any ideas?

DSCF9487.jpg

DSCF9489.jpg

DSCF9502.jpg

DSCF9492.jpg

DSCF9494.jpg

I have that flower mold too!

Your soap is overheating. When I use those molds I don't gel. It's too hard to manage the temperatures just right to get an even gel without overheating.

I have been thinking to get a silicone liner, are they safe to CPOP? will i get the same disaster ?

I think the rose flower with the bubbles looks great, mostly because of the bubbles and not nessisarily the mold. That one just really jumped out at me and I thought I should comment. :p

yep, overheating is causing your issues. I don't gel when using individual silicone molds. I just let them sit an extra day or two than usual. Of course, I've not had good luck with CPOP on anything other than my salt bars.

I use small silicone moldes/icecube molds every time I soap. Baught a siliconespray for molds on e-bay
I mix oils and lye at max 85F/30¤C
In oven at max 125F/50¤C right away
Turning of the oven off after 1½ - 2 hours, leaving the molds in there for 24 hours.
Never get any airbubbles in small soaps.

would you like to post some pictures of your molds? just so i know what to buy next time:)

what kind of silicone spray?

I use small silicone moldes/icecube molds every time I soap. Baught a siliconespray for molds on e-bay
I mix oils and lye at max 85F/30¤C
In oven at max 125F/50¤C right away
Turning of the oven off after 1½ - 2 hours, leaving the molds in there for 24 hours.
Never get any airbubbles in small soaps.

Hopefully your silicone mold release is body safe, not all mold release is. Pam works really well in silicone molds.

I've used the sunflower mold and other similar molds without CPOP I just leave them on the counter to set up. I don't get any bubbles. I don't worry about gel with the individual molds.

Latest posts

Back