Slip and slide in the shower ;) It is soap related I promise

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nurse_75

Reaction score
I have a good Aussie friend who sent me a gorgeous box of goodies to try out. She is a newbie soaper too but has jumped right on in and makes the most amazing sounding/looking soaps with all manner of additives and oils.

I tried out her Lime and Coconut soap (which has RBO, OO, CO, PO and Shea butter as well as fragrance) and I nearly ended up in ED! How is that possible you ask?

Well, I was lathering away enjoying the aroma which reminded me of my time working on the cruise ship... all those cocktails and Reef Oil suntan lotion, and as I went to rinse off I turned and fell A over T (arse over tits) bruising my bum and my ego. I am sure it looked as hilarious as my husband found it to be, but it bloody hurt!

My Q is this... why is her soap and lather so much more slippery than mine? I didnt find it anymore conditioning but figured it must have been due to the butters? It seemed like the residue kind of stuck to the enamel of the bath. It was slippery for quite a while.

Anyway... bruised right butt cheek aside, i smell noice!

Sharna

ETA - oooohhh didnt realise that T I T S was a bad word !! Haha :lol:

Is she superfatting too high, resulting in too much oil being left ... making your shower floor slippery and dangerous?

Re: Slip and slide in the shower ;) It is soap related I pro

nurse_75 said:
ETA - oooohhh didnt realise that T I T S was a bad word !! Haha :lol:

In the States, we used to say arse over teakettle (well, not really arse, we use that other word for a donkey-like quadruped herbivore). Us older folks know what that means, though.

Sorry to hear of your slip and fall. Soap is supposed to make us feel good, not facilitate pain.

Back