Silly Beginner question: Goats milk recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waychie

Reaction score
:oops:

I made my first batch of goats milk soap, unscented and with olive oil (did not want to get carried away). SO now I would like to spread my wings alittle with a new batch

Would a recipe with GM, olive oil, ricebran, macadamia, castor, palm, coconut oil and FO be too many different oils in the one batch?

I have used these oils in other batches I've made and liked the results.

Since I am a major newbie, I am keen to try different variations of recipes.

Thanks in advance :D

Edited to add I am doing CP soap

Oh I know - soaping is so much fun too! Every batch I make teaches me something else I needed to know :wink:

Never been to SA - my parents have though and loved it! Where abouts are you? Actually in Adelaide itself?

Tanya :)

Im actually about 20 mins from the city of Adelaide, I do love it here!

I've made the GM soap this afternoon, with all those ingredients lol

This time I poured the GM and lye solution through a tea strainer, because my first solution (which had 50% water, looked like it had rice in it.) Is straining the right thing to do? Also do you need to insulate the moulds?

Thanks for your help :)

I wouldn't know (lol....) - I add it in at light trace so I have no stinky lye issues and mix my caustic into filtered water (I'm a big scaredy cat :wink: ). Straining sounds like a sensible thing to do IMO. GM and any other milk can heat up well so if you do insulate, keep an eye on it and uncover when it has reached a full gel - just in case it wants to overheat on you. It can depend on other ingredients in the batch and the room temp too.

Tanya :)

Back