Shipping *within* Canada

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbrown

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm looking into shipping options for my soaps up here in Canada and am flabbergasted by how pricey some of the quotes have been. Aside from Canada Post's Venture One savings, I'm wondering if any of you have other Canada Post advice (e.g.: keeping within a certain dimension, shipping bulk, other shipping company altogether, etc.)?? What are your costs generally when you ship domestically with Canada Post?

Thanks for your insight!!

Stephanie

Hi Stepanie. Canada Post is our least expensive option, I find the couriers are far more expensive. Encourage your customers to buy more than one to make shipping worth their while.

I typically send in padded envelopes if I can, then it goes as 'small packet' instead of a 'package'. The smaller you can make something the better! As Lindy said, the more you're shipping the better it is as well, so make sure you let people know that.

Hi Kyrstal, That's great advice. Do the soaps have to be under a certain height in order to fit into the "small packet" category? I will look into buying some small padded envelopes other than the ones that CP sells. Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing about shipping, so I guess using FedEx isn't much of an option ?

The envelopes I use are I think 6" long by 4" wide and then typically about an inch thick. I just get them at walmart you can get 4 or 5 of them in a package and they're a lot cheaper than the ones that the post office sells.

onraet, fedex charges crazy amounts to ship with, for small businesses. I also priced out UPS, Canpar and Purolator, the cheapest was Canada Post.

Back