Shipping Costs to Canada

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurie

Reaction score
I'm a little discouraged by the high shipping costs that Etsy wants to charge for my $130.00 TOG mold order. I'm reluctant to place the order because I feel that the shipping is way too high ($41.00). And I'm likely to pay GST and duty on top of that.

Has anyone else from Canada experienced this. Is there another way to place the order, perhaps directly through the manufacturer?

I hope that I don't sound like I'm complaining but the shipping was a little shocking.

Thank you.

Laurie, this is Paul, the owner of TOG Soap Molds. The shipping to Canada is very expensive. :( I ship USPS Priority International since my molds are heavy, especially the large TOG 20/40 Mold you ordered, as it alone weighs almost 9 pounds and is almost 18" square and 7 inches thick. There is a discount when you order more than 1 item as you did. I make no money on shipping, sometimes I even loose shipping to oversees. There is really nothing I can do. Etsy does not set the shipping costs, I do. I recently shipped this very mold to Sweden, and it cost her $55.00 to ship it that far since it is so heavy. I'm afraid that is the best rates I can give and get as UPS and Fed EX are even higher to Canada and unreliable. Thanks! If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me or conversation me at Etsy!

Sincerely;

Paul.... :wink:

Laurie, I just went to the USPS International Rate Calculator and cut this for you. Now I charged you $25.67 on the TOG 20/40 Mold since you ordered multiple items.
Express Mail® International 5 Days $41.50 $38.18
Priority Mail® International 6 - 10 Days $29.10 $27.65
Priority Mail® Flat Rate Box 6 - 10 Days $23.00 $21.85
*Designed to be delivered in the number of business days specified for each service depending on origin and destination.

Notice it costs me 27.65 (online price) to ship it to you! You got a deal. Don't forget I have to buy a large box that costs $3.50 and packing peanuts, air bubble wrap, and tape, plus the time it takes to assemble the items to ready them to ship. I will loose about $8.00 just on the 1 TOG 20/40 Mold you ordered. :shock: I now realize I need to raise my shipping prices to Canada! My mistake is your gain. You just saved about $15.00 US Dollars on this order as I am going right now to raise my Canadian prices! Thanks!

Paul... :) :wink:

Latest posts

Back