Shampoo with solid surfactants

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
People talk about the benefits of solid shampoo surfactants so I made one for my sister.
The standard amount of a solid shampoo is as follows:
-80% Solid Surfactants
-10% Fat (I put 7%, people often put 5 for oily hair)
-10% Water (this amount is fixed)
Now if you put actives, you have to subtract the amount of surfactants and, of course, I made a special one for hair loss and subtracted from them than they are what give foam but take shikakai and babassu oil in addition to conditioning, provide more foam. They usually have very ugly color and last long (is brown because has powders and herbs), but all people says they are so good ... It is introduced in the freezer 4 hours and 3 days to dry.
This is for fine hair, weakened, which falls a lot
In %:
• Distilled Water (infusion of horse tail, nettle, Shikakai and artemisa abrotanum) 10
• SCI 33 (tense)
• Slsa 30 (tense)
• Castor Oil 3
• butter Kukum 1
• Oil Babasu 1
• Jojoba Oil 1
• Hemp Oil 1
• Power of Bhringraj 10
• Inulin 2
• Panthenol 1
• provitamin B5 3
• Phytoqueratin of Aromantic (INS: Aqua, Hydrolysed Soy Protein, Hydrolysed Corn Protein, Hydrolysed Wheat Protein, Phenoxyethanol) 2
• Vithaar (biotin, proteins, aminoacides and rice extract) 1
• Essential Oils: Geranium, Lavender, Rosmarinus, ylang, tea tree 1 (0.2 each)

chsolidoy.jpg

Last edited:
I love this! Have you tried it yet? I want to make liquid shampoo but I am still researching all of the surfactants to see what I want to order.

Looks great - you got a really smooth pour.

I find solid shampoo easier to make than the liquid kind which can be tricky with respect to viscosity. I also like that you don't have to use so much packaging and it's easy to use while traveling.

Back