seriose books about soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreeRabbit

Reaction score
I recieved some credit for bopokstore and I thought to use it for book about soap.
I am already past beginner 101 soaper so I am looking for more advanced books, with more in depth info about soapmaking.
I would appriciate any thoughts!
thanks

I have both of those books as well, but I think that there is still a need for something which goes beyond what is covered in them- maybe more advanced techniques, greater emphasis on fatty acid profiles and recipe formulation, etc.

I've written before that Soapbuddy would be the perfect person to take this on. Carebear would be great too.

Hint. Hint. :lol:

heyjude said:
I have both of those books as well, but I think that there is still a need for something which goes beyond what is covered in them- maybe more advanced techniques, greater emphasis on fatty acid profiles and recipe formulation, etc.

I've written before that Soapbuddy would be the perfect person to take this on. Carebear would be great too.

OMGosh, yes!
I second the notion for a book on fatty acid profiles! This is what I've been looking for, and the books that I have (the above mentioned) do not really go into depth on this..please? with sugar..

heyjude said:

Too funny. I was just 'nagging' soapbuddy about this on another forum a couple of days ago. Let's cross our fingers that she does write that book! I'm finding that after reading a few soaping books I'm sort of hitting a wall in that they all only go to a certain point but nothing advanced like you say (formulations, fatty acids, EO blending, swirling, etc).

Karri

If you want an awesome book that's really in depth and scientific and which also includes several carefully plotted-out experiments for you to try on your own (I really want to try the Dove 'soap scum' test listed in the book), I highly recommend "Scientific Soapmaking" by chemist and fellow soaper, Kevin M. Dunn (aka the 'Caveman Chemist'). I'm reading it right now and it's excellent. I can't recommend it highly enough.

IrishLass :)

IrishLass said:
If you want an awesome book that's really in depth and scientific and which also includes several carefully plotted-out experiments for you to try on your own (I really want to try the Dove 'soap scum' test listed in the book), I highly recommend "Scientific Soapmaking" by chemist and fellow soaper, Kevin M. Dunn (aka the 'Caveman Chemist'). I'm reading it right now and it's excellent. I can't recommend it highly enough.

I agree! This is the advanced book for soapmaking. It's awesome.

IrishLass said:

Yes - he does a far better job than I ever could!

check it out of the library (you may have to talk them into ordering it) or at least preview it on Amazon - it's pretty technical, but a GREAT resource!

I just ordered Scientific Soapmaking last week. Now I'm even more excited to get it in the mail :)

I'd been searching for something that went beyond what 99% of the other soaping books contain and this one seemed like a must-have.

Karri

Latest posts

Back