Saved!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judymoody

Reaction score
I made a batch of soap with pumpkin puree and one of my favorite EO blends - 5x orange, patch, ho wood, cassia and clove. Unfortunately when I cut it, it was covered with white spots and looked diseased. No zap, not air bubbles, and not stearic spots. I suspect it's bits of pumpkin fiber which caught and dragged on my wire cutter. (I used my daughter's jack o lantern, not a pie pumpkin, and the cooked puree evidently was more fibrous).

8v8b.jpg

Ugly, no? So what to do? Rebatch generally doesn't improved appearance. Instead I cut up half of the batch as embeds and layered them in a contrasting single color soap batter and then gelled the whole thing. I'm very happy with the result.

rxvu.jpg

Perfect solution!!! Love the contrast in colors! What colorant did you use?

Love it. I liked the 1st one too though. Has an organic feel to it, but the blue blends so well it's win/win.

Love it. I liked the 1st one too though. Has an organic feel to it, but the blue blends so well it's win/win.

Thanks, I saved a few of the original bars. One of my girlfriends took a couple of them also.

Perfect solution!!! Love the contrast in colors! What colorant did you use?

I used Coastal Scents Cerulean blue which normally is a nice deep sky blue color. The EO blend was orange/brown so it morphed to a turquoise/teal color.

Back