SAP Value VCO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruth

Reaction score
I likes to use Virgin Coconut Oil for making soap but I can't find Sap value for this oil on Soapcalc, anybody know? Thank you for your help.

Thank you, and can you tell me what the different between 76 degree, 92 and fraxtionate Coconut oil, thank you for your kindness.

Um... off the top of my head, the only things I know are that 76 degree melts at a lower temperature (I suspect some refining process results in the 92 degree, it has the same SAP value as 76 degree just stays solid to a higher temperature). Fractionated has a different SAP value, so it's processed in some way but I don't know how.

The fractionated coconut oil is the Capric/Caprylic triglycerides that are part of the fatty acid of either Coconut oil or Palm kernel oil that was separated from either of this oils. So it is lighter than coconut oil. I haven't used it in soap so can't help with that.

Thanks for your answer it is so helpfull for me, @kittish @safonificarian

I don't recommend using fractionated coconut oil in soap. The higher amount of capric and caprylic triglycerides in FCO will cause the soap to be more irritating and drying to the skin.

Back