Safe Cosmetics Act of 2013

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The EWG is still pushing hard for the Bill, in it's entirety. They sent me an email last month wanting me to sign a petition. I politely ignored it, I'm still not sure how I feel about this Bill....

This won't pass. Disclosing fragrrence and flavor components will violate trade secret provisions. They also want possible adverse reactions listed. Anyone can be allergic to anything. You wouldn't be able to sell cosmetics without full disclosure. Might even have to sell that foundation with a booklet saying any and all possibilities that could happen from using a cosmetic. Cosmetics are supposed to make you feel good about looking good. This is overkill in my opinion.

I tend to agree, Melissa. But If groups of people feel like there are unsafe chemicals in their personal care products, they will continue to push for this sort of thing.

"Fees for registration would only be imposed on business with annual gross receipts that exceed $10 Million."....looks like I'll be getting fees imposed on me, lol ;) Uhm, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

"Fees for registration would only be imposed on business with annual gross receipts that exceed $10 Million."....looks like I'll be getting fees imposed on me, lol ;) Uhm, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

Yeah me neither!:think:

Except this new bill also applies to suppliers. So if your supplier exceeds $10 million, then this will affect us small soapers. They've got to pay the fees & will add those costs onto supplies.

Except this new bill also applies to suppliers. So if your supplier exceeds $10 million, then this will affect us small soapers. They've got to pay the fees & will add those costs onto supplies.

I didn't think about that aspect of it. It seems like a great way to ensure that a company won't want to grow too big. :-?

The way they can get around disclosure of ingredients is to declare the allergens the same as is required in the EU.....

Latest posts

Back