rosemary soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loolee

Reaction score
How would I go about making a rosemary soap?

Should I infuse the oils first with fresh rosemary? then just make soap as usual?

Is there a specific FO/eo I should use?

What are the benefits of rosemary soap?

You can infuse the rosemary in oils first. I don't know that there's much benefit at all from the rosemary in the soap after the lye's gotten to it. But if you're selling, it makes good label appeal. It's supposed to be good for acne, oily skin & dandruff.

I use a blend of rosemary & peppermint eos for my garden soaps. (soaps with cornmeal in them to get the caked on dirt off of your hands from gardening). ~ Keep in mind that rosemary shouldn't be used by people with epilepsy or that are pregnant.

I make a soap I call 'triple rosemary'. I use rosemary infused OO, strong rosemary tea in place of the water, and add rosemary EO at trace.

It is one of my husband's favorite, and it seems to go well with both men and women. Not as popular as mints or lavender scents, but just as popular as sandalwood.

That soap sounds delicious, green soap. Rosemary is one of my favorite EO's to use. If you use it in soap, Loolee, keep in mind a little goes a pretty long way! I add my rosemary EO to my oils before I add the lye and it sticks in the soap quite well.

green soap said:
I make a soap I call 'triple rosemary'. I use rosemary infused OO, strong rosemary tea in place of the water, and add rosemary EO at trace.

It is one of my husband's favorite, and it seems to go well with both men and women. Not as popular as mints or lavender scents, but just as popular as sandalwood.

Sound great. Does the tea make it go tan at all?

Can dried rosemary be ground into a powder & sprinkled in? If so, would it act as an exfoliant or just create a nice speckle effect?

I normally steep my Rosemary leaves and make a tea out of it. It doesn't discolour the soap in the end but when the lye is mixed with it the solution will take on a dark mustard color. Rosemary is a great astringent. I have actually treated skin conditions and dry scalp with it. You can also make a lovely Rosemary Shampoo bar and rinse. It does wonders for the hair.

Maythorn said:
green soap said:

Sound great. Does the tea make it go tan at all?

Yes a little bit. Also, I should mention that rosemary infused oil accelerates like crazy when soaping with it.

Back