recipe help please

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justme

Reaction score
came up with this recipe and actually made it now I could use some opinions. PLEASE
coconut 10 oz
olive 20 oz
avacado 5 oz
pko 15 oz
castor 2 oz
shea butter 4 oz

water 16 oz
lye 8 oz

this is the first time I have not used crisco or lard in my soap soooo. this batch was not gelled, and even after a week it is sticky. firm enough to cut but barely.
how do you think it will turn out if I just let it dry for a while

did you add fragrance and drop the water ratio to 33%
Im running the calc and trying to find why your water is lower than 18.48 oz

what percentage did you superfat? standard 5% or less?

I can see some aspects of it, but need that info for actual drying numbers , hardness, conditioning ect..

ran it thru soapmaker 3 apparently I did do a water discount 33% dotn ask me why I dont usually play with that at all.
Palmitic is at 9.7
oleic 39.3

hardness 6.4
fluffy 5.8
stable 5.0 moisturizing 5.9

now i think the numbers arent bad its jsut that it is so sticky
and I used two ounces of peppermint oil

didnt really run it thru soapcalc and I usually do both

If you made a 33% lye solution , your numbers are right on .

I ran it through Soapmaker3 .It has a 6.4 for hardness so it should be fine , it just might take a while .I just had a soap that didn't want to harden up , it just took longer than I thought it would , it is fine . When I cut mine , it was like a cream cheese out of the fridge .

Humidity etc does affect the cure time too .

Kitn

thanks you I feel a little better and I wont have to grate it all up and rebatch it

Glad you feel better , I had never had a "soft " soap before this one either . I do not like rebatching one little bit :D

Kitn

Soapcalc says it's cleansing is 28. Did you mean palm oil, instead of pko?

coconut is like pk, so i found out the hard way not to use a lot of pk, cleansing numbers may be high? I didnt run your numbers.

Latest posts

Back