Rebatching in a Crockpot

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annathie

Reaction score
Hello. New to this. Am going to do my first rebatch this weekend, but wondering if I have to have a completely separate crockpot to rebatch soap in from one I cook a meal in. Thanks.

Some people do - I'm not sure that I would worry to much about it myself if it were a one-off. Just make sure it is a proper ceramic crock-pot and not a rice cooker doubling as a crock pot like mine is.
@Zany_in_CO has a great oven re-batch method she uses which sounds super easy.
Managed to pick one up off trademe for $12.50. Never used. Bit battered and missing the knob - but it’ll do me! Lol.

Since you are rebatching, the soap should already have saponified. I don't think there is any need to worry, unless you are using an FO that would leave an after taste. Just make sure that the Crockpot liner is thoroughly washed and rinsed after the rebatch.

Since you are rebatching, the soap should already have saponified. I don't think there is any need to worry, unless you are using an FO that would leave an after taste. Just make sure that the Crockpot liner is thoroughly washed and rinsed after the rebatch.
I'm going to second this because ceramic can etch and once it does, an FO has more opportunity to linger. That ceramic is only a layer and the stoneware underneath it is more porous.

Latest posts

Back