Quickly Cleaning your Bucket! (soap pot)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbudtwo

Reaction score
I soap with 10lb log molds (actually about 13lbs after water addition. but who is counting?) and I use large 5 gallon buckets to do the brunt of my mixing and tracing. I don't have a huge number of these around and was wondering what the easiest way to clean these between batches would be? Sometimes I like to go crazy and do a few batches a day and having to spend a good deal of time cleaning these guys out gets annoying because they don't fit in any kitchen sink or any dishwasher that I have. I would like one of those basin/laundry sinks in my garage, but I don't have one. Oh well.

How do you clean out your traced soap quickly and efficiently?

Thanks,
Tim

I scrape them out pretty close to 100%, then I wipe with a towel, add a drop of dish soap, swish around and then rinse out.

It's only problematic when I use oxides and the such.

timbudtwo said:
I soap with 10lb log molds (actually about 13lbs after water addition. but who is counting?) and I use large 5 gallon buckets to do the brunt of my mixing and tracing. I don't have a huge number of these around and was wondering what the easiest way to clean these between batches would be? Sometimes I like to go crazy and do a few batches a day and having to spend a good deal of time cleaning these guys out gets annoying because they don't fit in any kitchen sink or any dishwasher that I have. I would like one of those basin/laundry sinks in my garage, but I don't have one. Oh well.

Thanks,
Tim

Hi,

Clean it out in the shower.
Use a good kitchen brush with a long handle.
BLT

timbudtwo said:

Thanks,
Tim

Clean it out in the shower.

Brenda

carebear said:
I scrape them out pretty close to 100%, then I wipe with a towel, add a drop of dish soap, swish around and then rinse out.

It's only problematic when I use oxides and the such.

Latest posts

Back