Pumpkin Cream Cheese Brownies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny

Reaction score
I took a couple of recipes and combined them to make this amaaazing brownie. I have made a ton of these this fall for gatherings and everyone loves them!

Brownies:
4 ounces unsweetened baker's chocolate
3/4 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour

Pumpkin:
3 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup pumpkin *not pie filling
1 egg
4 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Pour 3/4 of brownie batter into pan, then spoon pumpkin over the brownie, then pour the rest of the brownie batter on top. (I piped the rest of the brownie on top of the pumpkin to make a swirly pattern because the batter is too thick to drizzle.)

Bake at 350 for 30 - 45 minutes in a 8x8 or 9x9 pan or cupcake pan (makes 12 cupcakes). Watch closely and remove when your skewer comes out clean!

I made a batch of these just for us and wrapped them individually and put them in the freezer. When we want one we just pop it in the microwave for 15 seconds and there you go! Warm brownie!

This recipe intrigues me, esp at pumpkin time of year (pumpkins everywhere for sale). I'll give it a try - thank you!

:D Thanks, I just love pumpkin!
Just made some pumpkin soup yesterday, but this sounds really interesting so I'll give them a try soon.

Looks yummy! Are you saying to use a fresh pumpkin or is 100% canned pumpkin (not the pie filling) ok to use?

Canned or fresh pumpkin is fine! I used canned for mine this year.

I don't start scooping fresh pumpkin till the very end of this month when the pumpkins all go on sale for next to nothing... then I freeze a whole bunch of it to use later in pumpkin breads.

Oh good golly! I was just thinking I needed to make something pumpkin-y to take to work. I was thinking pumpkin spice cupcakes...but this will work! Thanks!

Okay I'm making these right now...they're in the oven.

So no egg in the brownie part?

It seemed interesting...we'll see how it turns out. :?

Oh man...I did a double batch in a big cake pan. Still really soft after 30 minutes and the sides seem to be bubbling butter. Going for another 10 minutes, then I'll check again. Fingers crossed!

Okay yep, these things were terrible for timing, it seemed like every batch had a different time to it. I have a screwy oven so I thought it may be just me. I made 4 batches in one day and I had to babysit them the entire day. Very tasty though IMO!

But I did mine in a cupcake pan (square instead of round) so I don't know about the bubbling weirdness, mine just took a long time to bake. I hope yours turned out!

Thanks for all the feedback. When I make mine, I'm going to add 1/2 to 1 cup more flour....cuz the recipe does contain a lot of liquid-y yumness! (liquid chocolate, pureed pumpkin, buttah, egg....)

I might even add a titch of chili powder to give it that something mysterious.

Making some soon!

Thank you again for the recipe.

Latest posts

Back