Pumice

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traumabrew

Reaction score
I want to make a "mechanics" soap. How much pumice should I use. Also, I was planning on using a high % coconut oil with a 10% SF to get a really cleansing bar. Any input on recipe would be appreciated

About 1 Tablespoon per pound of soap is what SoapQueen recommends. I use a bit more: 3 Tbl in 1000 grams of soap in my Blacksmith soap. That's total batch weight prior to adding the pumice. Other's I have red suggest 1 T. per pound of oil. So it varies. Maybe start with less and see how that feels, then if not enough you can increase it in the next batch.

Use the finest grade of pumice you can find. Coarse pumice is too rough on the skin.

I don't use high CO, so no input on that part.

Start with 1-2 teaspoons per pound of pumice. It really depends on how scrubby you like it. I have used up to 2 tablespoons in 3 pound batches. As for your high coconut oil bar, I have no idea since I've never made one. I'm sure someone will answer you on that.

I make a mechanics soap and I use 1-2 Tablespoons PPO. Mine too is mostly coconut. I use 2 T in the one I make for my husband. He likes it extra scrubby.

Latest posts

Back