Pretty Presentation

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyclement05

Reaction score
I think I'm liking this shot for presenting some of my soap. Pictured here is my hot processed, 'Not Quite Bastile' Silk Bar in Eucalyptus Spearmint. Made with tons of OO and infused with silk, this bar is probably one of my absolute favorites!

image.jpg

Thanks, everyone! Did I mention this bar has coconut milk, too? Insanely rich lather and leaves my skin feeling so soft!!

I couldn't resist tweaking the color balance of your photo so the porcelain and the cream part of your soap have a more natural "pop". I hope you don't mind! It's really a nice photo -- you created an interesting composition to show off a lovely soap.

image.jpg

I couldn't resist tweaking the color balance of your photo so the porcelain and the cream part of your soap have a more natural "pop". I hope you don't mind! It's really a nice photo -- you created an interesting composition to show off a lovely soap.

it looks like there is a leaf in the middle of the soap! Quite pretty!

Ok I am critiquing from a photographer point of view so take these comments with a grain of salt:

1. I find the faucet to be too distracting. It is chrome and as a result, the brightest thing in the image. My eye is instantly drawn to it. Plus the fact that it is partially cropped makes it even more distracting. Either darken up that area, or crop it out all together (IMO).

2. Are you going for an "environmental" look by including the faucet and the sink? If I had no clue what you were selling, at first glance at the photo, I wouldn't necessarily guess soap. Again if it were me, I would just do an image of the soap on the soap dish and that is it. May look nice if you set it on those rocks and use them as the background with some water glistening off the rocks.

3. I'd adjust the lighting a bit to avoid the harsh shadows cast (main one by the neck of the faucet).

Just some critiques....feel free to ignore any or all of them :).

I agree with Paintgurus' suggestions. I LOVE the soap. Beautiful HP example! And I really like the dish and rocks idea. High end Spa-ish :)

I like Paintgurus suggestions also... one of these years, I might learn to take pictures, but I doubt it. My brother has tried to teach me some and I have gotten better at taking some pictures outside, but doing a presentation picture I have yet to figure out...

Back