Post your oops!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdaniels8811

Reaction score
Tonight I made a beautiful batch of cherry blossom scented soap with pink, black and cream swirled, I stood a whisk straight up and rotated it as I moved it back and forth. The swirls should look terrific. When I finished I noticed something on the counter, my SCENT!!! So I mixed it in, swirling some more but I know it won't look as great as the original swirls. I was so excited about making beautiful soap I clean forgot the fragrance oils. We will see how it turns out.

Then I made lemongrass sage with yellow and green swirls and the green color turned brown!! What the?? I have half a bottle of green and no notes of previous issues. But at least I remembered to put the fragrance oil in. What have you goofed up lately?

So no one is willing to admitting to goofs? I made beer and honey shampoo bars tonight, along with beer soap scented with honey stout from Brambleberry. Managed to get those into the molds with no problems and remembered to add all the additives. I have not cut my double swirled cherry blossom bars, it will be interesting!

A few weeks ago we were having a heat wave and, of course, my air died. But i REALLY wanted to make soap. I foolishly had grandios plans to do a swirl. By the time it was in the mold I was a sweaty disgusting mess.

I asked my son to get the door so I could put the soap in the fridge when he asked what kind it was.

Unscented. That's what it was.

But I was too stinkin hot to do a thing about it.

I have forgotten the scent, I add it to the oils now and never forget it. I have forgotten to add shea butter and the list goes on and on.

Latest posts

Back