Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turning around and seeing this face.. Id give anything to know what she was thinking..

wozzle2.jpg

The family group chat was officially dissolved :) half of them were hipocrites and I was obly there because i wanted to know how far they would go with it. Now the group is done and I wont have to deal with them anymore. That makes me happy. And the family I do love we still chat and get along. There. It made me so happy.

I am super happy I have a new puppy and he is so cute :thumbs::)

OMG puppies are so much work but...….so much fun. mine is 9 months now--sometimes, I still wonder what I was thinking but that thought has been disappearing for the last 6 months. so we need pictures and what kind of pu is it? congrats

I feel well enough to actually make home-made soup again. Of course not well enough to go shopping for more ingredients, so making due with the only fresh veggies I have on hand (potato, onion, peppers, carrots) with some dried peas (I have a lot of dried legumes in my pantry, so no worries there) and spices to make up the difference for taste.

But it will be home made soup again at last. I didn't have the energy or motivation to cook anything that took longer than 5 - 10 minutes to completion for the past week. Maybe in a couple of days I'll feel motivated to go buy the rest of the ingredients to make soup every day again. I need lots of veggies! My vegetable bins are practically barren ATM.

I feel well enough to actually make home-made soup again. Of course not well enough to go shopping for more ingredients, .
Earlene, my heart goes out to you. I had the "Denver Crud" a week or so ago -- takes forever, it seems, to get it out of your system. I always keep the ingredients on hand for this really easy soup recipe that takes about 5-10 minutes to put together then warm for about 20 minutes. It has everything needed for women’s good health and nutrition. It is quite filling and tastes great.

https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/ot-soup-recipes.73215/

Post #9 - TOMATO FLORENTINE SOUP - Makes 6 cups

PS: I always enjoy having you "back in the neighborhood".

Earlene, my heart goes out to you. I had the "Denver Crud" a week or so ago -- takes forever, it seems, to get it out of your system. I always keep the ingredients on hand for this really easy soup recipe that takes about 5-10 minutes to put together then warm for about 20 minutes. It has everything needed for women’s good health and nutrition. It is quite filling and tastes great.

https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/ot-soup-recipes.73215/

Post #9 - TOMATO FLORENTINE SOUP - Makes 6 cups

PS: I always enjoy having you "back in the neighborhood".

Thank you for the reference. Aside from the beef bouillon, it could work for me. Whenever I need or want a bouillon type flavoring added to water or soup, I use my home-made 'Bryanna's Vegan Chicken Style Broth Powder', which comes from a recipe of Bryanna Grogan Clark's. I rarely allow myself to run out of this broth powder and it is delicious by itself in just hot water. (Recipe link below in case you are ever interested.)

But cabbage is another story. I do run out of cabbage. Because I add it to almost every soup and I also like it just plain sautéed in oil and tossed with some sesame seeds. Well, I must be feeling better; I'm thinking of sautéed cabbage!

https://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2010/11/01/bryannas-homemade-vegan-chicken-style-broth-powder/

Whenever I need or want a bouillon type flavoring added to water or soup, I use my home-made 'Bryanna's Vegan Chicken Style Broth Powder'

But cabbage is another story. I do run out of cabbage. Because I add it to almost every soup and I also like it just plain sautéed in oil and tossed with some sesame seeds. Well, I must be feeling better; I'm thinking of sautéed cabbage!
Earlene, we could eat together! I'm the same way about "bouillon type flavoring". I keep Swanson's (32 oz) Beef/Chicken broth or stock on hand for that purpose. And I'm crazy for cabbage too. If you lived across the street, I'd sauté some up in butter and bring it over with two forks! LOL

Funny you should mention it. Our local King Soopers makes Cabbage Buns this time of year. I picked one up for lunch yesterday. It's hamburger, onion, and cabbage cooked inside a soft bun. I think (maybe) an egg wash (?) sprinkled with poppy seeds on top. YUM!

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. Now... where's the "drool" emoji???

I feel well enough to actually make home-made soup again. Of course not well enough to go shopping for more ingredients, so making due with the only fresh veggies I have on hand (potato, onion, peppers, carrots) with some dried peas (I have a lot of dried legumes in my pantry, so no worries there) and spices to make up the difference for taste.

But it will be home made soup again at last. I didn't have the energy or motivation to cook anything that took longer than 5 - 10 minutes to completion for the past week. Maybe in a couple of days I'll feel motivated to go buy the rest of the ingredients to make soup every day again. I need lots of veggies! My vegetable bins are practically barren ATM.
I read soup at soap and gt to the veggies and wondered how you add potato onion and peppers to soap and what do they do for the soap. Think I need more sleep

OMG, Zany, does that sound delish! Minus the meat or substitued with a veggie patty for me anyway.

I had our chef come up with a veggie version of the Reuben Sandwich that was really well received when we had our restaurant. After closing, I also got one of our local bar & grills to make it for me when we go there, and oh boy is it good. I don't do it at home very often, though. I should, as I have 2 jars of sauerkraut in my pantry.

You'd be totally welcome here with your sautéed cabbage!

Just had our antique player piano tuned - she sounds wonderful! Wish I knew how to play but at least I have quite a few piano rolls to play :)

...I had our chef come up with a veggie version of the Reuben Sandwich that was really well received when we had our restaurant. After closing, I also got one of our local bar & grills to make it for me when we go there, and oh boy is it good. I don't do it at home very often, though. I should, as I have 2 jars of sauerkraut in my pantry.
Well, we can't let that sauerkraut (yum) go to waste... here's a recipe for Reuben Casserole:
https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/reuben-casserole.65379/
Hope you feel like cooking soon... :)

Latest posts

Back