Pomice olive oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottief

Reaction score
Quick question. We have been using pomice olive oil instead of Olive oil as it is cheaper. We looked further into whats in pomice and it has a mixture of olive and canola oil. If we were to label our soap when we go to sell it, do we have to label it as both? Im just researching it, and haven't gotten that far. Is there a pomice olive oil in the INCA names?

Pomice shouldn't have any canola in it, it should be pure OO. If it does have canola then yes, you need to list it on your label.

I agree with Obsidian. Pomace shouldn't have anything else in it. You would need to know the percentages of olive pomace and canola to calculate your lye as well. I would contact the supplier or switch to true pomace or regular olive oil.

Thanks for the help. I looked on the back of the label and it does indeed have olive pomace oil, Canola oil and evoo. So far when we calculate it we put the ingredient as pomace olive oil and it calculates it for us. But What your saying is we need to know how much of each oil is in it to get a proper lye mixture.

We have made a lot of bars with this so far and it has been working out. I guess we should try to find one that,s pure pomace or just use evoo

Latest posts

Back