pine tar: the ugliest soap I've made....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green soap

Reaction score
My very first PT soap! Used 15% PT and 0.5 oz PPO spearmint EO. Aloe vera juice to dissolve the lye. Also includes RBO, CO, cocoa and shea butters. The scent is somewhere between spearmint and pine tar, pretty good actually. I added the PT directly from the warmed can to the emulsified oils/lye on the scale - and spatula stirred. Will move faster next time (I have some gaps). We can't wait to try the soap in a month or so. This soap made my pulse beat faster.

pinetarsoaps1.jpg

Last edited:
i don't think it looks that bad! just a rustic brown soap! did you sweat a little too? I tend to get a little sweaty when doing something new....

Thank you belinda, neeners and judymoody! I like 'rustic brown', better description than 'ugly'. After a stamp and a label it might look somewhat acceptable.

No perspiring, this does not happen until it gets to above 100F, I am permanently cold.

I think they look great...far from ugly. It's not every soap that needs to be swirly, glittery or sweet smelling lol. I'd love to buy a bar of that.

Back