Peak's melt and pour bases

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maythorn

Reaction score
Is the low sweat always the best way to go? I don't live in a humid climate or anything though.

I had no idea Peaks had so many bases. I guess I'd like the most wholesome with good additives. I've never know what makes a base be able to suspend things you add. Wax maybe?

I buy my M&P base from Peak all the time because I can pick it up :-D

Their bases come from SFIC - the same as BB.

IMO SFIC has the best bases for M&P.

I asked this the other day. The advice given was lowsweat formulas tend to set up quickly, making it difficult to get creative, and that regular M&P bases were usually fine.

I use low sweat base in my soap sugar scrubs because I want them to be harder. I have never had any problem with it.
I have a friend on the east coast and low sweat is all she uses now. She is VERY CREATIVE!

I have tried Crafters Choice and I find that sets up quickly, but that isn't SFIC base.

Thank you. Sorry I didn't see the post Melstan! SFIC is a new one to me. Sounds like they're in San Francisco? I would like to be able to slice a loaf with a crinkle cutter but cutting would be a non issue with some of the cute individual molds Peaks has at 15% off. Love the lilies and I'm thinking Lily and White Amber scent.

Latest posts

Back