peak 50% sale

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
this is posted on fragrance section also, but didnt want anyone to miss it! I have never seen 50% off before( on sampler packages), and I adore peak. Make sure to put in promo code and if it doesnt change your total right way, it didnt work, I know people had a prob last time, I think you have to type in promo code then click on it.

yes, I just made some on friday, no dis no acc, i added some purple to base( which looks grayish/purple and some purple swirls on top, why?

Because I'd like to buy a WTG FO but I didn't know how it would compare to WSP's in fragrance and lasting scent. I like WSP's scent and I know it lasts a long time in CP. I don't remember when I made the batch but it might be 8 months. I'm down to my last bar and I'd like to make another batch. I just don't want to pay WSP's prices.

Another forum member told me she likes NG's version better than WSP's and it doesn't fade. But since Peak is having a sale I thought about buying their version.

I just wanted to know if it smells as good and won't fade.

Thanks!

Clark said:
Can't find the promo on the PEAK site? Am I missing something?

You need to sign up for their electronic newsletter which periodically includes special promotions like this one.

Clark -

Here's the info.

Online Promo Code:
FRAGRANCEFEVER

Offer ends Thursday September 22, 2011. Not valid on prior orders. Only one promotion code per customer. Enter the promotion code in the box titled "Add a Promotional Code" at the bottom of your cart at checkout, and then click the gray arrow button next to the box to apply the discount.

If you are talking Peak Candle in Denver, beware that their FO's are for M&P not CP. I have had accelerated trace in almost all of their products.

How many have their FOs have you tried? I didn't have any problems with their Love Spell Type in CP. Also, a lot of the reviews mention using the FOs in CP. There's been many forum members who have used their FOs in CP.

Maybe it was just the FOs you had combined with your recipe. Have you checked the Peak review spreadsheet for FOs which behave well in CP?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... tswL#gid=0

Their scents are fine in CP - like any company's FOs, some will cause problems, but out of 10 so far I've tried, just the one caused ricing and it still ended up usable soap.

Kenaslan said:
If you are talking Peak Candle in Denver, beware that their FO's are for M&P not CP. I have had accelerated trace in almost all of their products.

That's a pretty broad statement. I'm hoping that I'm misunderstanding you and that what you really meant to say is that some of their FOs work better in MP than CP, which, as AmyW rightfully pointed out, is not unusual or unique to Peak. Plus, it is not specified anywhere on Peak's site that their FOs are for MP and not CP. If that were the case, I don't think that Peak's would have a CP tutorial on their site using their own Rose Bouquet FO (which they do). Many use Peak's FOs in CP without any issues at all. For instance, their Sweet Pea soaps like a dream for me in CP.

I've yet to find a vendor anywhere that all of their FOs worked great in CP (although that would be awesome!).

IrishLass :)

I've ordered from Peak several times and have had pretty good sucess, but I research on the Scent Review Board (and everywhere else I can think of) before I order. I've used the Love Spell Dupe, the Twilight Woods Dupe, Juicy Pineapple, Apple Jack and Peel, Sweet Pea (and several more) with no problems at all. The only one that gave me fits was Peach Mango Salsa--I LOVE that scent--I used it in a hot process, added the fragrance after the cook and it worked wonderful and the scent has really stuck.

I've tried over 30 different FOs from Peak in CP and while some accelerate, I've yet to have one that was unmanageable or seized.

However, with new FOs I am generally cautious with temps and using full water or close to it. But even their florals I've found to be reasonably well behaved.

Some of their fragrances are for candles only so you do need to double check the descriptions.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them, kensaslan.

well spoken irishlass
hey, dont knock my favorite supplier! I have had a few give me a prob, but for the most part they rock!!
I just ordered 30 bottles for 41$

Hazel (or anyone else): Do you know how we get our comments into the Peak google doc? I wasn't sure who created it.

Thanks,

I posted some soaping results on it this morning. I just clicked on the area I wanted to post and typed. I think you have to be logged into this forum to do it (?) I clicked on the link provided in this thread and went from here. Not sure if this helps but I hope it works for you. I order a lot from Peaks and it's so helpful!

Sometimes I wish I haven't tried almost every single scent they carry! LOL Getting little 1 oz samples for testing is so convenient, and when they have sales it's awesome. But most of their sales are for this - a sale on the sampler packs, or a sale on shipping, but when you live as close as I do, (10 minutes driving distance) shipping sales mean nothing, and since I save on shipping I'm able to buy more FO's so have literally tried almost every scent they carry since I make candles as well as soap.
:)

I was bummed. I went in this morning, got my scents in order and it looks like the sale ended yesterday!!!

Back