Organizing your soap Kitchen

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ann Marie

Reaction score
Dear Cold Process Soapers,

I am in the process of organizing my soap kitchen and now that I have so many things I am wondering if anyone has tips on how they organize all their things in the kitchen alongside the normal kitchen stuff.

Would really love any ideas on how to store all my FOs where I can actually see what I have and not have them piled in boxes.

Thanks for the advice! Ann Marie

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1409020698.925713.jpg This is what I use turntables that I bought from Amazon

I happened upon a sale about 6 months on clear plastic totes. They're medium sized and only about 6" tall. I organized my scents in type like masculine, floral, fruity, EO's, etc and labeled them. Now I can quickly find the type of scent I want and see what's in the tote. Not as much fragrance chaos now!

When my soaping kitchen and cooking kitchen were still the same space, I had all my soaping utensils in large, clear plastic totes. I also had all my soaping oils in a tote. This way I could pick up the lot and move it from one room to another more quickly. It also helped me keep it all separated to avoid accidently using soap utensils in food preparation.

Good luck on your organizing project!

I don't keep soaping stuff in kitchen but I do organize all my stuff in a huge pantry/linen closet. I keep my soap and all products there. One advice is if you put your FO on shelves put stickers on the lids and label, and store on lower shelves, that way you can look down and see all your FO without having to move them around.

I keep my oils, butters and soaping utensils in my utility closet. My molds, FO and other B&B ingredients I keep in our spare bedroom on 4 shelving units like the one in the first picture. I use plastic storage containers with labels by product (lip balm, lotion bars, lotion etc). I have one rack for curing and one rack for FO/EO's and have a list showing what I have and about how much in each bottle attached to the shelf with a metal ring.

I've found that over the years, I've aquired a lot of little bottles of various EOs and FOs. I find it helpful to group bottles of the same thing in sandwhich bags (assuming they fit). For example, I have 5 small bottles of various mint EOs, 2 half empty bottles of Orange EO, etc.

I'm curious about what categories people use when organizing their FOs? I just have mine divided into FOs and EOs, I haven't really found an FO system that works for me.

I only use EOs, but I have all of the citrus(y) in one small tote, and everything else in another since that splits what I like about in half.

I am afraid to try FOs since some of them trigger migraines in my family, and it seems a huge waste of money to buy some only to discover which ones are the issue.

Latest posts

Back