Orange oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunaelurus

Reaction score
I'm wanting to make an orange and white swirled soap using sweet orange oil. Does anyone know if it will discolor my soap brown? I'm also going to make a chocolate soap/vanilla icing. I know the vanilla will discolor, so I'm going to add some white oxide. Can I use real cocoa powder maybe mixed with some brown oxide or will it not blend well with the oil? If you have a great chocolate recipe let me know. Thanks!

Orange EO will discolor your soap a pale orangish-creamy color. White oxide won't prevent the vanilla from discoloring, it will just make it a bit lighter.
You can use coco powder, I add a bit of water and make sure all the lumps are broken up before adding it to the batter.

My sweet orange eo does not color my soap. If you use enough td it will keep the light part quite light. The other solution, which I usually do, is seperate off how much white batter you want and do not add in fo to the white portion

Sounds like a yummy soap! My sweet orange eo turns my soap light orangey color, but that can be changed with colorants. On td, usage varies with soapers because some people feel that too much makes the soap chalky. I also noticed it can speed trace a bit. Also, if you are doing swirls using td you may notice rivulets in your finished product (just an aesthetic issue). I believe this is due to heat issues. Hope this helps!
Cheers!
Anna Marie

Latest posts

Back