Note to self

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Half Caper Farm

Reaction score
Line the mold before you start making soap! :shock: 'Cuz it's darned near impossible to do origami with rubber gloves on, especially when you're trying to do it in a hurry.

Oh well, the soap looks good so far. Just the end slices will be a bit lumpy. :lol: Fresh goat's milk soap, with lemongrass and tea tree oil EO's - smells marvellous!

mmmmmmmm that does sound good! :)

lol yeaaaah those are those "Doh!" moments ...we have all been there...forget an ingredient...wrong units on the scale... lol been there done that lol

I was being soooo careful with the ingredients - weighed out my "hard" oils first so I could melt them separately, measured out my EO's to have them ready, mushed up the lye and frozen goat's milk, let it cool a bit while I weighed out the rest of the oils, then stickblended - and yes, went "DOH!" :?

I plan on making another batch tomorrow, and I'll make good and sure that I line the mold first! :lol:

Goodness me, I have enough trouble lining the mould with my bare hands. :roll:

I always make sure that I line the mould as soon as I take the latest soap out of it. It's not my favourite job but I made myself a bit of a template to lessen the pain. :wink:

That's funny, because I did the same thing today...on my FIRST BATCH OF SOAP EVER! I forgot to get the molds ready. Thankfully my very willing Daddy did them for me :D

I finally got smart (after 2 years of this!) and made a template too. Why it took me so long, I'll never know. Now I just trace, cut, and tape it in place and it's done rather quickly. I used to procrastinate making the soap entirely, just because making and placing mold liner was such a PITA....

I'm a VERY slow learner. :?

It went better today. :D It occurred to me that I already have a template - the lid to my mold fits nicely just inside, so I used that to trace around on the wax paper, and folded and taped it to fit.

Today's batch was straight lavender GM. 8)

I have gotten into the habit of lining my molds right after unmolding a batch so they are always ready to go. I alos have a slb mold that the lid fits inside the mold and it bugs me. I feel it should be larger and sit on the mold and not on the actual soap.

Latest posts

Back