Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mychicknpi

Reaction score
Hi, I am new and would like to try and use moslty raw ingredients from our farm or our nearby town for soapmaking. I hope to find lots of information and the encouragement to make lots of soap!
Anna

welcome to the forum!! Glad to have you here! I have to say I envy you about the whole farm thing!!... If only I was closer to one and/or had the space to make my own! Fresh ingredients are the absolute best!! :)

Looking forward to seeing all of your creations and chatting it up with you!

Thank you Ian. You might be surprised to find how close some of the farm items I have you could find close to you. I don't live more than 30 minutes from a decent sized city and would be bery happy to share what I have with others.
I am hoping that fresh is best, and that I will be able to make our farm more self-sufficient. That is our ultimate goal, to not have to buy very much off the farm. It seems to be, so far, more a matter of re-evaluating our needs versus our desires and being will to choose more simple methods of doing things and doing without things....if that makes any sense! :D I suppose if Jersey milk, goat milk, honey, home grown veggies and herbs, and lard make for good basics, I might be going somewhere, if not.....well, the pigs like the extra milk; can one ever have too many french fries, fresh fried chicken or potato chips made in lard?
Anna

mychicknpi said:
Thank you Ian. You might be surprised to find how close some of the farm items I have you could find close to you. I don't live more than 30 minutes from a decent sized city and would be bery happy to share what I have with others.
I am hoping that fresh is best, and that I will be able to make our farm more self-sufficient. That is our ultimate goal, to not have to buy very much off the farm. It seems to be, so far, more a matter of re-evaluating our needs versus our desires and being will to choose more simple methods of doing things and doing without things....if that makes any sense! :D I suppose if Jersey milk, goat milk, honey, home grown veggies and herbs, and lard make for good basics, I might be going somewhere, if not.....well, the pigs like the extra milk; can one ever have too many french fries, fresh fried chicken or potato chips made in lard?
Anna

Absolutely not lol .... mmmmmm mm fresh food is the best, even more so when you know what went into producing it and that it was not exposed to anything crazy ... Its my dream to one day own a farm and work the land like that... fresh veggies, meat, herbs, eggs, milk... thats the life :) ...

Dont ever take that for granted... I envy your position ;)

Back