New Babies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagiaDellaLuna

Reaction score
These were made on Friday, cut on Saturday and stamped and trimmed today.

Mandarin/Anise

Sweet Orange/Clove/Cinnamon

Rose Geranium/Palma Rosa

Peppermint

This was the first time I have used activated charcoal (Mandarin/Anise) and I am delighted with the result. The lather is snowy white.

Thanks to all who have posted advice about the use of charcoal.

BEAUTIFUL colors! I like the half circle mold:)
The colors are so vibrant
I bet they all smell really pretty!
Good Job :)

Dagmar, Lyn and Fweda, thank you for the lovely comments.

This is whipped soap, but since it is still very hot here it was quite soft when I poured/plopped it into the molds. I used large PVC pipes with endcaps, then cut into 3 cm circles once set and cooled and then halved the circles. The idea for this shape came from a soaper friend (you know who you are) :)

IanT said:
:) I love the unique shape and the stamp... does the symbol have a meaning?

Thanks, Ian

The symbol is a sigil made from 3 different runes. Ansuz, Laguz and Uruz. My daughter made the stamp for me.

It symbolises Health and Vitality.

Hi there:

I am already a fan of your runic soaps. I love charcoal soap also and yours is a nice black velvet colour, beautiful.

Congratulations to you.

Warm regards,

April

Thank you Deda and April.

This batch is for my May markets. Their earlier versions which are for the big show in April look almost identical, except for the Mandarin/Anise in which I used the last of my black oxide (lathers greyish) and more of a dark Pewter colour. The charcoal is a keeper. I have always used it medicinally but now it will be stocked for soaping too ;)

MagiaDellaLuna said:
IanT said:
:) I love the unique shape and the stamp... does the symbol have a meaning?

Thanks, Ian

The symbol is a sigil made from 3 different runes. Ansuz, Laguz and Uruz. My daughter made the stamp for me.

It symbolises Health and Vitality.

Thats awesome!! :)

Back