Negroamaro Wine Soap °03

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mostho

Reaction score
Our third version on the same wine soap. We tried to have a more vintage-pink color instead of a rich hue of brown.
And we did like that: wine infusion in two cups of wine of the skin two tangerines, a tablespoon of clover, one cinnamon stick. We reduced to one cup and filtered this yummy infusion. than we added the same amount of water.

We used

Negroamaro wine soap #03
* 65% Olive oil
* 10% Coconut oil
* 10% Sweet almond oil
* 7% Corn oil
* 5% Castor Oil
* 3% Sunflower oil
At trace we added sweet orange essential oil, tangerine essential oil, and a pinch of sandal to add more complexity. Plus a tablespoon of finely grounded cinnamon.
:)

This was freshly cooked...

bro_negroamaro_soap_03a.jpg

Buuuuut after we cutted in slices and few days later.... et voila!
bro_negroamaro_soap_03.jpg

Please notice the handmade stamp made with a simple pencil rubber. A moon since we took this soap from the mould during the night... :)

Any comment or suggestion is more than welcome friends!
:)

Wow! Love the color change! Isn't soap making fascinating? One never knows what to expect.

As always, your natural soaps are lovely. Thank you for sharing them with us.

They turned out so pretty! That color is amazing. I love tangerine EO in a soap, it holds well too.

judymoody said:
Wow! Love the color change! Isn't soap making fascinating? One never knows what to expect.

As always, your natural soaps are lovely. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Absolutely, we love this colour changing. It's part of the fascinating. Absolutely> I exepct also that in the next day the colour will be change again going paler, with a more subtle pink, but I love it, the same.
At least it will be a nice smooth soap!

Thanks for your words Judy!

Soapy Gurl said:
They turned out so pretty! That color is amazing. I love tangerine EO in a soap, it holds well too.

Oh yes, and it smells like Xmas here in Italy.
Try also this combination of flavours: tangerine and coconut and let me know! :D

Cheers

I think the cinnamon on top detracts from it, it is probably very in keeping with the smell of it tho (which sounds mega yum!) But I would personally like it better if it was just all smooth up there, especially if I was buying it - stuff like that seems to get everywhere for me when I try to put it in the bathroom lol. BUT I do really like how the colour came out - I think is a good colour for wine soap - and I so have to try a wine soap myself one of these days :)

Very nice color, bet the sent is great too. Just wondering how the corn oil holds up in soap??

I'm in the pro-cinnamon camp, myself. And that color! Beautifully rich clay blush is what I'm getting. I can smell it from here.

beautiful! Last week I made something similar (an attempt at making a vin brule' soap), reduced wine by half and used it as half my liquid. But my color didn't turn out nearly as nice as yours! Mine is more of a dark reddish brown.

Latest posts

Back