Need suggestions please

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dixie

Reaction score
What is a good FO to put with Tea tree oil that will compliment it? I'm making an acne soap bar and the client likes the smell of Tea tree oil. (I think she has just gotten use to it in her search for something to help her sons acne. So I thought maybe If I could compliment the tea tree oil or slightly over ride it? It is for a boy.

TIA!!

lavender goes really well with TTO. it is one of my favs. also lavender is anti bacterial i believe so it may help in the acne fight.

krissy said:
lavender goes really well with TTO. it is one of my favs. also lavender is anti bacterial i believe so it may help in the acne fight.

That would be perfect but I don't have any Lavendar EO only FO:(

tea tree oil blends particularly well with cinnamon, clary sage, clove, geranium, lavender, lemon, myrrh, nutmeg, rosewood, rosemary and thyme.

lol, i googled :D

I made a trea-tree soap a while back (March) that I used lemon verbena i, a bitof french green clay and ground basil for little specks in it. I tell you, the lemon verbena and tea tree put me off at first, too. But, this is the one I get requested all the time. It has maintained its scent so far without fading. I am keeping a little piece aside to see how it is at a year (a while to go yet).

Good luck with your tea tree adventures

I am going to split my next batch and do some the way I did the first time and in the second half just try some lavender and maybe some kaolin clay.

Isn't this fun? :wink:

jarvan, if I may ask......what was your ratio of tea tree to lemon verbena. Sounds like a scent I would like in acne soap.

I usually do things in a 1:1 ratio, but I am willing to bet I put in a dabble more L.verbena than teatree because I am not a huge teatree fan by itself.

Good luck. As soon as my box arrives and I have palm oil again, I might get busy on some T-tree. Hmmm..wonder how that would go with the red palm oil I bought at the Indian grocery??

Patchouli goes brilliantly with Tea tree and is also good for acne too, helps to promote skin healing in acne as well as excema.

edited for spelling again!

Latest posts

Back