Natural Doggie Stuff

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuckoo Bananas

Reaction score
So I thought I would make this thread for some advice about natural dog stuff.

I recently adopted a very handsome, and very lovable little poochie, he's 8 y.o and a silky terrier and I just adore him, he's such a little champion and I seriously can't fathom how his owners parted with him.

Anyway would love some tips on natural doggie stuff that works and can be recommended from experience, I'm particularly interested in flea stuff as he has been on advantix but I'd rather use something gentle and natural and just check over him thoroughly everyday for ticks. And any other natural doggie remedies and recipes.

*Also to anyone who buys charcoal biscuits for their dogs. I was given some of these for free from the guy at the pet store for his teeth to help with plaque and doggie breath, and the fellow seemed rather adamant that they were very good for the dog and that he highly recommended them and I should be giving him one a day. I thought he was being a very good and honest person especially with other recommendations and advice he was giving so the next time I was there I bought some more and meant to ask what was in them first but forget. Anywhoo I just was at the store again and asked for the ingredients this time - I was SHOCKED to see that they have sugar in them!!!!! Not to mention a bunch of other dubious stuff. Such a reminder to always always ALWAYS check labels for yourself and don't buy it if you don't know what is in it! I'm gonna chuck the rest of the bikkies out - such a waste!

I bought a bottle of flea repellant eo that was pre-mixed from Essential Wholesale. I really like their pre-mixed ones. I was being overly paranoid, like always, since my dog goes to daycare sometimes. We don't have fleas here (see paranoid come in). It was to make my own spray. I know there are recipes to make your own. I have a book about pets and eo's. I will look tomorrow for a recipe. The book would be safer than something you picked up online.

I cannot find my book. I know I had it out earlier this year, but it is not showing itself. I'm sorry! I will keep an eye out for, I really don't know where it could have gone. :(

LOL that's OK soapy girl. I've been going over him everyday and still no fleas yet (although I'm sure they will find him soon enough). The only real thing bothering him is the damned mosquitos.

Anywhoo I just was at the store again and asked for the ingredients this time - I was SHOCKED to see that they have sugar in them!!!!! Not to mention a bunch of other dubious stuff. Such a reminder to always always ALWAYS check labels for yourself and don't buy it if you don't know what is in it! I'm gonna chuck the rest of the bikkies out - such a waste!

Well, if they're just treats they get every now and then, I don't really care...
All of my animals (2 dogs, 3 cats) eat natural raw food and I make my own treats using a food dehydrator.

Very economical and every dog I know loves them 8)
One of the doggies has severe allergies, so I have to watch every label.

Sheep fat and fish oil are nice additives for their skin and fur.

During the summer months, the doggies get a small amount of garlic (to much leads to anemia) to help prevent fleas.

Latest posts

Back