My soapking weekend 4-16 & 4-17-11

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackiK

Reaction score
It's such a labor of love for me to post pics, but I promised Hazel I would.

I would have made more, but the fishing line I put in the homemade tank didn't last very long. I'm now on the hunt for piano wire!!

Anyway, here is the Honey Spice

HoneySpice.jpg

Here is the Rosemary/Spearmint

RosemarySpearmint.jpg

And last, but not least, the Chocolate Roses

ChocolateRoses.jpg

Hope these come out okay. I think I resized them to 50%.

Jacki

Well, obviously, my attempt at resizing was a failure. Sorry they're so big.

Thank you! I had made some cupcake-like soaps with cocoa and Victorian Rose FO. Unfortunately, I made a mistake with the whipped topping and it had chunks of CO in it that looked awful. So, I grated it all up and mixed it in some white soap.

I was afraid the top looked too much like bacon!!

Yeah, you posted pics! :lol:

Those look wonderful. My favorite is the Rosemary/Spearmint. It looks so creamy. Did you use rosemary on the top?

Hazel said:

Those look wonderful. My favorite is the Rosemary/Spearmint. It looks so creamy. Did you use rosemary on the top?

No, it's cut spearmint leaves. I guess they both turn brown :cry:

I like the last one to, they look like feathers to me in the white bit.

I love all of them ... and the middle one looks so creamy! The last one is my favourite ... I love the way you have the pieces of 'chocolate' in the soap and on the top!

JackiK said:
Hazel said:

No, it's cut spearmint leaves. I guess they both turn brown :cry:

There...there...don't cry. It's lovely soap and it's a learning experience. I've never been daring enough to try herbs or botanicals in soap. I think you did a wonderful job with all of them. Thanks for posting the pics.

I'm getting twitchy looking at the pics. I haven't made a batch for over 2 weeks and I'm going into withdrawal.

Sooo...what's next on your list of soaps to try? :wink:

eta: Good suggestion Bubbles Galore! I'd forgotten about using a guitar string to cut soap. I'd like to try that sometime because my cutter leaves the bars a little rough looking. Thanks for mentioning it. :D

Bubbles Galore said:
I think mine has guitar strings.

Love your soaps. :wink:

Yes, thank you for the guitar string suggestion. The people from the piano place never got back with me. There's a guitar shop not far from me. Will check it out on Friday.

Thanks all you guys for your wonderful comments. I can't wait to try them. Patience never was one of my long suits.

Jacki

Latest posts

Back