My rebatched bars....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry S

Reaction score
These pink bars are actually Rebatched bars madefrom shreds that I mixed (stick blended) into hot oils of a soft oil CP recipe..let it cool down and then added my lye water, stick blended again to trace adding a little red coloring to give them a pink tint and some Plumeria FO…
3803res_zps0b3badf9.jpg

These are Rebatched bars as well but I used harderoils in this one to make harder long lasting bars..Process same as above but added yellow coloring..(which didn’t take). I almost didn’t get this batch in the mold cuz it traced really fast and was thick to start with since I used theshreds in the hot oils…I can’t remember what FO I used…lol.
3909res_zpse7bbebe9.jpg

Well I hope I didn't step on any moderator toes by putting these 2 more shots of my rebatched bars...thanks for looking ...jerry

Those look great! I especially like the pink ones. Were the oils hot enough to melt the shreds? It looks like the mix came out pretty smooth.

Wow, those look very nice! I am hoping to avoid rebatching for a while.

Sorry it took so long to reply to this thread...(I've been making more soap....lol....)
Timber...yes, I heated all my oils in a crock pot the dumpend the shreds in and let it set for about a half hour..then used an old cake mixer to mix up the shreds and oils...A went back and forth about 3 times doing this waiting about 15 minutes each time. I found that its best to use only about 30% shreds weight to oil weight when doing this otherwise the batter gets to thick when I'm ready to add the lye water. I let the oil come down to 110 deg. then added my lye water, but you have to work fast getting it in the mold.
Melstan....Yes, I used a wooden slab mold for these that I made. The slab mold is 2 1/2" wide and 1 1/2" high. the mold is 28" long. I use a mylar liner. I actually have different size slab molds.
Jerry...

@Jerry S. - this sounds like a great way to rebatch, as I'm always dabbling in rebatched soap and looking for different ways to make it smoother. A couple years back there was another person ( a man) trying to explain his rebatch method that sounds similar to this, except your explanation is simpler. Since your name is Jerry, I assume you're a man. Would you be that same person? I am definitely going to try this method. Your bars look great.

Kellistarr..yep, I'm a man....lol. I've fiddled around with rebatching soap for a while but never liked the look after I finished and....if you add to much water, the bars shrink. I found that this method works pretty well if you dont add any more shreds that 30% (by weight) of the new oils in your recipe...and... Using soft oils for your new rebatched soap like OO, PO, Castor even Lard works better than hard oils. I found that using the neon colors work the best to color the new batch (dont add to much). I got mine from Peak but you could probably do better. One other thing that I found..Rebatching freshly made soap like a botched batch works better than shreds that are 6 months or a year old.
Happy soaping..
Jerry

Latest posts

Back