My new soaps whites, blues and rebatched bars…gotta share…

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry S

Reaction score
Nice white hard bars with fluffy tops I callMinnesota Snowdrift…
3951r_zps5fbe9442.jpg

These are nice pink bars with the fluffy tops I callMaui Sunset. Bordering on Castile, so there for the ladies…I used a neon pinkcoloring with Plumeria FO….
3956r_zpsb96f60a8.jpg

This little grouping of 3 soaps has pink bars,crimson colored bars..these 2 for the ladies as well since they have a lot ofOO in them and are really face friendly. the 7 ounce white bars are hard long lasting barsfor the gents…they contain harder oils ..PKO, CO, etc and Castor to keep thembubbly...
3937r_zps7644a382.jpg

I call the blue bars with the fluffy tops LakeNakomus..from a lake I swam in as a kid…
3968r_zpsfe1d7efd.jpg

I put a couple more in here of my rebatched bars but rules dictate only 4 images so maybe I'll put them in another thread...anyway I thought I’d share some of what I’ve beensoaping the last couple of months...My only dilemma is …”what am I going to dowith all this soap”…since I don’t sell it…I will give a lot of it away to family and friends…Thanks for looking..Jerry

My only dilemma is …”what am I going to do with all this soap”…since I don’t sell it…I will give a lot of it away to family and friends…

I love all of these, the colors are really attractive. And I have the exact same dilemma, so I can relate :grin:

You do some very nice work. Your tops are gorgeous. Consider selling them, they are beautiful.

Those all look great! Please give us a tutorial on how you swirl those tops. I can never get such peaks.

Nice soap bars .... clean and crisp looking , very inviting . what did you put in your whites ? nice colors . congrats to you sir.

Wow they all look AMAZING! I am drooling over your pretty peaked tops, wish I had that kind of talent! And I love the name of the white one at the top lol.

My new soaps, whites, blues andrebatched bars..gotta share..

Hey! Thank you all for the kudos…I’ll share some of my techniques. Chicklet and Wallflower… I learned how to do my tops from the one of the forums moderators, Lynnz…(Australia).. I use a log mold and just after I finish pouring and the soap is stiffening a little I take a tongue depressor or Popsicle stick and pull the soap up from the sides to the top center in a rotating motion. You can cut different size sticks for different effects. I think Lynn actually did a Youtube video on this one time. I see a lot of bars with that top treatment on the forums.

For my colors I used neon pink on the bright one, a different pink on another but the scent darkened them a little, the blue (can’t remember what the name is). The white has no color at all (and no scent) because the vanilla in most scents usually tint the bar toward brown..(ugh)…

Pilar you asked about my recipe, I used hard oils on both the blue and the white, like CO, PKO, CB and Tallow. The neon pink bars are mostly for the ladies and I used nice soft oils like OO, PO, CO, and Castor for the bubbly with Plumeria scent.
Soaping is just a fun thing for me but the downside is I’m up to my neck in soap….lol….and the holidays are a longway off.
Thanks for looking ...Jerry

Back