My name is Emily - and I'm a soaper

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NurseEmily

Reaction score
Hi y'all! I've been lurking for a couple weeks and finally decided to join. It's been over a decade since I was part of an online forum. Back then it was a humor forum for self described interweb nerds. I guess mommy-hood, working, and life in general shifted some priorities. Things have calmed down and I just discovered soaping 4 batches ago.
My first batch was a total, nasty fail. I used unfiltered water (never again!) and cooked it WAY too high. I'm using HPCP? or is it CPHP? (crock pot - hot process). Ir is it CHPs? (California Highway Patrol). Ok, I digress.
My 2nd batch was lovely. Yes, I use a lye calculator cuz y'all said to!! My third batch is seemingly lovely (it's only a couple days old) and my 4th batch was a 1st with PK flakes and it sure does smell like soap! I just made it last night and cut it this morning so I'm hoping that soap smell fades (as I read here it tends to?) and the patchouli and lime comes out.
Too much for my first post?

Anyway, I'm so happy to have found this forum and a place to learn and share. Where's the coffee drinking icon?

Oh, I'm in Denver, CO and it's stupid cold here.

Welcome! This is a great forum. I'll take Denver cold over Michigan cold any day :p (missing it!).

Welcome Emily! Glad you joined the addition...we could always use more members (safety in numbers). Come down to sunny S. FL where it's been raining for a week with 100% humidity. You should see my hair, it's frizz city. LOL

Latest posts

Back