My First Two Color Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MorpheusPA

Reaction score
Not bad if I do say so myself, but I'm hoping I got the color consistent through the bar well enough. I still haven't figured out how to get good vertical bars of color so they show well on the cut bar. I also have to learn not to fill the mold that full and not to slop over the side...but this stuff was setting up FAST.

The iris reticulata will be blooming that blue color next month at this time, as will the yellow Siberian iris. This was inspired from that. If I miss that window, at least the daffodils and blue grape hyacinth extend it enough...

The scent is apple (which tends to morph a bit on me to something a touch flowery), offset by a bit of cinnamon for warmth and just a few drops of peppermint for some late-winter sharpness to the scent.

IMG_2789.jpg
[/img]

Nice!! Do you like that mold? I'm waiting for them to get back in stock at WSP...

I love blue and yellow together...

agriffin said:
Nice!! Do you like that mold? I'm waiting for them to get back in stock at WSP...

I love blue and yellow together...

Me likely. Soap is easy to unmold, has beautiful edges, and the mold cleans up like a dream. I have two other Crafter's Choice ones, the little guest mold and the four-bar rectangle, and love those two as well.

I was inspired by spring. I've been stuck in this place all winter, I'm unemployed, about to go friggin' bonkers, can't clean anything else again without beginning to rub off paint and finishes, and it's been sleeting all day. But I already smell a little bit of spring in the air...or maybe that's wishful thinking...

honor435 said:
how many ouncs doe that soap ,old hold? i like your soap.

It's advertised as 40-44, making 8 bars at about 5-ish ounces per.

I cut it today, and I can't say I'm thrilled. I did NOT get the color through correctly, so it's kind of patchy. Still, it doesn't look awful and wasn't bad for a first effort.

The tops are nice, at least, with the sunny yellow and cheery blue.

I SO want those molds...I check every day hoping they are instock early.

Beautiful soap! Sorry it didn't turn out as expected...I bet its still pretty!

Bukawww said:
I SO want those molds...I check every day hoping they are instock early.

Beautiful soap! Sorry it didn't turn out as expected...I bet its still pretty!

I'm so glad I ordered that when it was in stock...because so far it's my absolute favorite. The sides don't bell out even slightly overfilled, the thing makes perfect, sharp lines on the sides and bottom, and it's already self-insulating to a point. Removal of CP and MP are a snap, and the thing is tolerant to colder and hotter than I'd ever imagine using it.

I've been advised that I'm being too hard on myself with that soap--it got a good bit of approval when cut, it just wasn't quite my Artistic Vision.

Back