My first soap cake.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jody

Reaction score
It is ground up rose petals with an English Rose FO. Smells really good and hopefully when I cut it there are white swirls throughout. I can see great swirls on the bottom but not on top but we'll see if they made it most of the way through.

P1000772.jpg

I used sillicone for the first time and it was a breeze to unmold. I loved it. There is a place on Ebay that has really great sillicone molds but they are really expensive. I have been eyeibg them up for a long time but now that I have used one I am hooked.

Boy oh boy is that pretty!!! What a gorgeous color! When I get better at soaping I'm gonna have to give that a try.

OMG!!!! Jody how did I miss this?!?!?!?!? That is drop dead amazing - uhmmm - do I get a piece???? I promise to be good.....

Jody you have way outdone yourself.......

You absolutely get a piece Lindy. I am going to try and wait to cut it until this weekend. I ma having a party on Friday and want to use it as a centerpiece for the table and see how many people think it's a real cake.

topcat said:
Jody - that is absolutely awesome! What a beautiful soap cake!!! Gorgeous pic too....love the plate.

Tanya :)

is this cp? and how did it come out of mold? did you spray or grease? do you cut slices at a show?

Hey Jody - did you mean it's a silicone mold or did you spray with silicone? If you sprayed with silicone - where did you get it? I've heard you can buy a silicone spray at RONA but is it the same? I so want to try something like that for spraying my tougher molds....

Back