My first Goats Milk Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abigtroutt

Reaction score
This week I found consentrated GM at a local store :D :D

I decided to try my hand at the much talked about soap so this is how it went... :lol:

Goats Milk Honey and Lemon Soap

Lard 50%
Coconut 25%
Olive 10%
GrapeSeed 6%
Beeswax 5%
Castrol 4%
Superfat 5%
Lye Concentration 35%

Hardness 43
Cleansing 17
Condition 46
Bubbly 21
Creamy 29
Iodine 51
INS 157

Since the GM is consentrated I used half of the water and mixed the lye untill 95 deg. I then added the GM to the lye. I mixed all the oils and let cool until 115 deg. I then combined the lye mix with the oils and mixed with a SB until trace. I then added 3 heeping tablespoons of honey and 1 oz of lemon oil.

When I put the mix in the mold it was a light golden tan.... :D :D :D

I peeked several hours now the soap is a dark brown. :shock:

How does my recipe look ???? I thought I cooled my lye and oils down to keep the soap from turning dark brown, but after I mixed all together the soap heated up.. It still looks and smells good just like a hot cup of honey and lemon tea... :p

I cant wait to take pics tomorrow and cut the bars!!

with 50% lard you absolutely don't need the beeswax - I'd recommend dropping it and adding that amount to the olive or grapeseed oil.

soap

good job! congrats! may i suggest adding about 1/4 tsp ppo titanium dioxide to your oils before adding the lye-this will lighten up the bars discoloration-adjust to more or less-depending on your f/o's.

i agree that you could eliminate the beeswax-dont forget to adjust lye.

i would also add 1 tsp ppo of honey or powdered sugar to your goatsmilk which will also increase bubbles. you can also sub coconut milk instead of g/milk

wait til you get to try your soap! you'll love it!

Latest posts

Back