My First Column Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christinak

Reaction score
I only have small one pound log molds and poured over a round fo glass bottle, lol. If I had a slab mold and a block to pour on I am sure it would have been spectacular!

I accidentally deleted the pic of the unmolded soap :( poop. I'll get it next time!

Sleepy-Hollow.jpg

It's still pretty. Kinda looks like a Tiger Stripe. If you need a box for a mold, try a tray. The little trays cat food, dog food, little debbie snack cakes come in at the grocery store work. I have actually needed boxes this size before, and if you find one that is mostly empty, it's easy to just take off the shelf .They really don't mind as long as you don't leave a mess behind you.

Very nice! I need to get some more colors, that will be next months order along with my oils :) I have my log mold finally, but I am currently waiting for the hospital to call back and let me know it is okay to visit my partner, so I have been without making soap for a few days now, and I am getting a little antsy wanting to try out the mold and play with new ideas!!

Excellent Badger, I can't wait to see what you come up with. Which mold did you settle on? I hope he is ok...has he been in the hospital for a couple days?

He went in the hospital this morning for surgery and they are trying to find a room for him as he has to stay in overnight. Surgery went well though and he is in recovery. I ended up getting an adjustable mold from Etsy. It can hold 1 to 4 lbs of soap and also came with an adjustable cutter. The cutter is not the best for my round soaps because they are taller then it is, so I think I will keep cutting the round soaps using the PVC pipe as my guide, but I can use the cutter instead of a butchers knife now :)

Latest posts

Back