My CP & MP Experiment

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently posted a thread asking if anyone had combined CP and MP. Impatient that I am I gave it a shot. I am reasonably pleased with the final soap. It is scented with Bay Rum (which I found overpowering initially but it is mellowing as the soap cures). There is a bit of sweating on the MP portions of the soap but not too bad and I will keep my eye on it.

I give you "Stormy Day" (exactly how it is at my place right now):

8519731445_f56dd1c3ed.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't really mix it, just poured it in in layers but the CP started to get thick really fast so it tended to push the MP out to the edges of the mold. In the end I dumped a heap of MP on top. As a result it kind of has that MP "waxy" feeling to it.

Oh yeah that "rubbery" feel. Do you think the two soaps mixed at all, or is it mostly alternating layers? I just saw your pos,t but I know Anne-Marie posted a SoapQueen tutprial called MP <3's CP is something like that, it is CP soap with an MP embed.

Looks beautiful :)

I've done MP in CP a bunch of times. The only thing I don't like about it is that when in use the MP dissolves way faster than the CP part, so it leaves holes.

This looks really neat. I love the name and I agree that it gives the impression of a stormy day :)

Latest posts

Back