Mountain Man, Irish Jewel, Swish

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pretty n Plain

Reaction score
Irish Jewel:
My husband suggested a soap that was green, yellow and white that smelt countryish, so I made this one up and scented it with Gardenia and Lemon Verbena, smells wonderful, although I think it should have been named "Aussie Gold"

IrishJewel-1.jpg

Mountain Man:

This was a HP I did, I had fun with this except I don't have very many manly scents so I mixed Drakkar, Eucalyptus EO and Clean Cotton, i'm not keen on the clean cotton , I seem to always get a headache or feel nauseas from it but it really does complement the other two scents.

MountainMan-1.jpg

Swish:
This was my first time overzealous colums swirl lol scented with Tranquil Tropics and cotton candy.

Swish-1.jpg

Wow! Amazing soaps! Would you share what you used to get those vibrant colors? That first one, Irish Jewel, is a real eye popper with those beautiful colors!

I'm sorry everyone for the big photos, i've tried resizing them and photo bucket won't keep the resize argh lol, i'll keep working on it though.

Thankyou bubbles I was very surprised with the Mountain Man, my HP soaps are so different to handle than my cp although I did find adding a tablespoon of glycerine helps pouring.

falldowngobump, first of all, I read your username last night and cracked up laughing, I love it lol.
The Irish Jewel's colours are alot brighter than the photo, very vibrant. I use the Pigment Dispersion from Aussie Soap Supplies, a little goes a very long way. I especially love their black because its so concentrate.

Great looking photos and your soaps look fantastic!

My favourite soap and photo is the blue one ... those blue shades are wonderful!

I DID IT!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: it took me 9 times but I downsized the pics, for some reason photo bucket just wouldn't accept my resizing grrrr.

Thankyou DragonKaz, I would loved the blue to have come out much brighter so maybe next time I give it a go, I just love the fragrance, very fresh.

My pics are always huge too because I use photo bucket.

I LOVE the Irish Jewel one.
I've tried yellow/green swirls so many times, and I just can't do it. And the scent sounds divine.
I like the others as well, but the IJ one is my fave.

I resize using photobucket ... and am happy with the results!

Pretty n Plain - I think during one of your edits you changed the order of your soaps, as I'm sure that blue one was on the bottom ... and then when I checked it while previewing what I was writing I noticed the order had changed. Kinda spooked me, then I saw you'd edited a few seconds earlier than I posted ... phew!

I love them all - nice work! and it looks like you're having an awful lot of fun soaping. Thanks for sharing and inspiring us. My soaps are so plain, but I still enjoy making them. I just think I might have more fun if I added some color.

but for color I usually use powdered oxides, which run and stain the sink if they sit long . What do you use for coloring, and do you have any staining problems?

Pretty N Plain
If you don't mind sharing, what supplier do you use for your Tranquil Tropic FO?

PrettynPlain those are beautiful I especially love the last one what an incredible swirl of colour you have going on there :D I too had trouble with photobucket coudn't get mine to resize so ended up posting thumbprints or whatever it is they call them :D Keep them coming lovely to view :D

I thankyou everyone for your encouraging and lovely comments, theres nothing like shareing pics and info with one another here on the forum.

Dragonkaz said:
I resize using photobucket ... and am happy with the results!

Pretty n Plain - I think during one of your edits you changed the order of your soaps, as I'm sure that blue one was on the bottom ... and then when I checked it while previewing what I was writing I noticed the order had changed. Kinda spooked me, then I saw you'd edited a few seconds earlier than I posted ... phew!

Dragon, I thin i'm so out dated when it comes to loading pics now that I just don't get it lol. Yes, you're correct about the pics being mixed up, in fact you probably worked it out before I did lol, sorry for the spooking lol.

What do you use for coloring, and do you have any staining problems?

Woodie, I use a dye dispersion from Aussie soap supplies, I rang them after reading your question to see who their supplier was (Someone in Europe) unfortunately they couldn't suggest who else may stock it overseas, sorry. As far as staining, no except for the usual soap residue if I leave a soap sitting in its own water. I've notice that the dyes seem very concentrated and last quite some time so only a little bit is needed.

Pretty N Plain
If you don't mind sharing, what supplier do you use for your Tranquil Tropic FO?

Chay, I purchase my Tranquil Tropics from Big Tree Supplies, I had so much trouble keeping my nose out of the bottle when I first recieved it lol. I've just sent Karen from Big Tree an email to see if she can recommend someone closer to you that may stock it.

Great soaps! I love the different colors. You need to change your name to Pretty n Bright!

Latest posts

Back