Moroccan Mint gift soaps.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TVivian

Reaction score
I offered to donate soap favor/gifts for a Mother's Day tea outreach my church is holding. The guests are women from a local shelter. I thought it was a perfect opportunity to try my hand at making Handmade in Florida's "Moroccan mint". Here's how they turned out!

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1428887289.191218.jpg

Thank you! It was fun watching someone and then trying to duplicate their work.

@snappyllama I mixed my own using peppermint and spearmint EO's with earl grey tea from NG which behaves nicely.

Absolutely gorgeous. I love the way they've turned out.

The scent combo sounds lovely. Quick question, did you gel? NG's Earl Grey is a heater for me and usually tries to over heat even in the freezer after soaping with RT oils and chilled lye water.

Those ladies are lucky indeed to have such a nice gift - not that they don't deserve a little luck.

Those are gorgeous bars!

Thanks again all!

@hmlove1218 I used such a small amount of the FO in this soap that I don't think it would have had a chance to cause trouble. I have used it as a mixer before and never had issues, but I have not tried it as a sole FO and that may make a difference. I did gel (cpop) with a water discount. :)

beautiful! How do you keep the mica line so crisp and have the swirls on top?

Dixie, she has a video and I just did what she did! I wish I had mixed less quantity (left more white) of the colored part for the upper layer swirl. I'll change that next time! Also, I sprayed the mica line with alcohol to keep it from breaking.

http://youtu.be/LzjhvNDneQk

Tried this again with ground coffee and shades of purple. The gold mica line is so subtle and I tried using more white. I don't know how HMIF gets those wispy swirls! ImageUploadedBySoap Making1429027717.737685.jpg

Scented with Brown Sugar & Fig

Back