molds won't release, i've tried every trick i know!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unmouton

Reaction score
I just got some new milky way molds, one being the bee guest mold. I wanted to make my face soaps in it (which are soft for longer than most of my other recipes, I'll admit.) Anyways, I lined my molds with mineral oil, poured, waited a few days and had no luck with release so I left it alone. It's been a week now, so I put them in the freezer, and while a small part of the sides will release, I'm still not having any luck.

I *really* don't want to dig these out and ruin them. If I wait for the full cure, will they shrink enough from water loss that I can ease them out? Or is there something else I can do?

Thanks!

Yep just leave them for a bit, as they cure and the water evaporates they will eventually come out. Bit of a PITA, especially if you need to use the moulds again, but it won't wreck the soap.
Also, have you tried putting them in the freezer for an hour, and then running a couple of inches of hot water in the sink, and then just let the mould sit in the hot water for a couple of minutes. That should work.

I'm assuming they didn't gel - individual molds often don't - so give it another week or two before trying again.

carebear said:
I'm assuming they didn't gel - individual molds often don't - so give it another week or two before trying again.

So *that's* my problem...I don't wait a week or TWO before I get these suckers out??? :lol:

Latest posts

Back