Lye calculator ...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tklechak

Reaction score
Is there somewhere to download a lye calculator program to use on my computer so I don't need to go on the internet every time I want to use it?? I really like the one at soapcalc, but I don't see anywhere to download it. Thanks, Timm .......

There is a mobile app, but I don't know if it needs an internet connection to use it or not. Failing that, you can get the SAP values for the oils that you use and make your own - a lot of people here have their own spreadsheets.

Personally, if I'm going to have my computer on, it is connected to the internet anyway, so I might as well use the soapcalc online.

Disclaimer: i have not personally used this offline lye calculator !
that being said , here is a online calculator that can be downloaded and used offline [ http://www.australiansoapmaker.info/ozcalc/lye.php ]
i have another that i got online as well that i keep just in case but i do not remember the site i got it from , its in spreadsheet format. if i find the link i will be sure to put it up.

* like gentleman stated , it's good to know the sap value of your oil and how to go about doing the math for finding lye and water values. we keep taking it for granted that we will always be able to have access to computers and current . i started collecting a lot of that math formulas i got to make it my business to get it done so i have it all down and in my head .

Is there somewhere to download a lye calculator program to use on my computer so I don't need to go on the internet every time I want to use it?? I really like the one at soapcalc, but I don't see anywhere to download it. Thanks, Timm .......

Hi Timm , did you ever try out the Lye Calculator link? if you did then let me know if it's good or not

LOJ .... I took a look at it, but I really like the one at soapcalc.net. Just a personal preference. Thanks for your input!! Timm ....

soapcalc is downloadable ??? i thought that you wanted something that can be downloaded to your computer. glad you found what you needed .

if you have a spreadsheet program, like Excel, Open Office or maybe the Google tools, check this out:
http://www.millersoap.com/worksheet.html
I use this spreadsheet on every batch. I use soapcalc too, but I like the ease of this spreadsheet and have been using it from the very beginning of my soaping fun. once you down load it you don't have to be on line. it is easy to use, even if you are not familiar with spreadsheets.

soapcalc is downloadable ??? i thought that you wanted something that can be downloaded to your computer. glad you found what you needed .

LOJ ... maybe I wasn't clear ......:rolleyes: ... I am looking for something downloadable. For now I am just going to soapcalc ..... Timm ....

if you have a spreadsheet program, like Excel, Open Office or maybe the Google tools, check this out:
http://www.millersoap.com/worksheet.html
I use this spreadsheet on every batch. I use soapcalc too, but I like the ease of this spreadsheet and have been using it from the very beginning of my soaping fun. once you down load it you don't have to be on line. it is easy to use, even if you are not familiar with spreadsheets.

KFG .... Im going to d/l the spreadsheet and play around with it. Thanks for the link.

For all those wondering .... I don't have internet access in the garage, so I need something to install on my NetBook .... Thanks to all !!!!! Timm .....:clap:

Back