Lovespell & Midsummer's Night Dream

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christinak

Reaction score
Let me know if I'm putting up too much soap, lol. I take a picture of every batch :) Hopefully I'm not the only one...

These are both from Peak and they get TWO THUMBS UP :thumbup: ! The scents are super strong so I save $$. I usually use 1 oz. for about 22 oz of oils and these batches are 24 oz with only .5 to .7 oz. of FO! That combined with the 40% off dealio and I AM STOKED! Both of these scents are BANG ON for the originals.

lovespell.jpg

midsummer-night.jpg

Too much Soap! Never!!! Look who you are talking too here, we are all soap addicts and could never get enough of soap ****. Okay I said it admitting the addiction is the first step to recovery...;)
Guess the site does not allow the p word;)

I've seen the "p" word plenty of times.. is this a new thing? lol we all love soap ****! You're certainly not the only one who takes pics of their soaps... and I do mean like every batch lol. Lovely colors, that green is striking!!!

Thanks guys, Its a bummer the tops get SO ashy....I really don't know why, they are all sealed up in the box with a towel over it. You can't even see the nice design on top it gets so white.

Lovely! The bottom one is super good! And yeah they are starting to censor the pron word One of the admins finds it offensive and it brings spammers. It was mentioned to me by that admin in my in inbox the other day, I had it in my signature line.

There are a few really easy ways to get that off! I find the easiest way for me is set my iron on Cotton with the highest steam setting and just run it over the tops of my ashy soap from above and that ash just disappears. The longer you wait though, the harder it is to get that ash off.

omg i cannot wait to try that! I wasn't sure when I should do it or if it would just come back.....

I blasted quite a few of mine last week. The ones it worked for (newer.. the ones that sat with ash for a while it didn't come off that well) the ash hasn't come back at all.

Excellent tip! I will take a before and after with my fresh soap and my old soap so we can document it. I've seen lots of questions regarding this so we'll put it to bed :)

Alrighty, I put the iron steam to the test and it worked really well, thanks to Shannon for the awesome tip. I didn't even have to take them off my rack...just held the iron up and went over it all! Here are before and afters. Seems like the flatter the tops the better it worked (the orange one looks the best and it's the oldest).

before1.jpg

after1.jpg

before2.jpg

after2.jpg

before3.jpg

after3.jpg

Spritz your soap with a spray of alcohol I rarely get ash when I spray my tops. Got that tip from amy of great cakes soapworks.

Thanks Ruby, I tried that yesterday on those blue ones all the way in the top pic and it left dots on them....

Wow those look good!! And what a great deal too! You can never post too much soap! I browse the photo gallery when I should be working just waiting for a new thread to pop up lol. Kind of like right now... :D

Very beautiful soaps! I love the colors on the top one especially! Did you have any problems with ricing with the Midsummer Night's Dream? I have heard that it can cause ricing and I bought some of it too, as I love the scent!

Latest posts

Back