Loofah Oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeaSationals

SPONSOR
Reaction score
We have a Loofah Oil supplier and wanted to see if there was any interest from the soap making community? I have been using the Loofah oil sample we were given for the past week to experience for myself what it can do. My honest opinion is hands seem remarkably soft for the abuse I put them through. So I was doing some research and found some different uses and benefits.
  1. Skin Moisturizer: After cleansing your skin, apply a few drops of loofah oil and gently massage it into your skin. Its natural moisturizing properties can help to hydrate your skin and improve its elasticity.
  2. Massage Oil: Warm a bit of loofah oil in your hands and massage it into your muscles to help relieve tension and relax your body. The oil's potential anti-inflammatory properties can help soothe muscle and joint aches.
  3. Hair and Scalp Treatment: Apply a few drops of loofah oil to your scalp and hair. Gently massage the oil into your scalp and work it through your hair. This can potentially promote hair growth, reduce hair loss, and treat scalp issues like dandruff. Leave it in for a few hours or overnight and then wash it off with a mild shampoo.
  4. Bath Oil: Add a few drops of loofah oil to your bath water. This can help to moisturize your skin, and its relaxing aroma can provide a calming effect.

Thank you for the feedback,

Rachelle - [email protected] / 727-945-9142
Natural Bath & Body Shop / SeaSationals

WI8WQ6m.jpg

Our Peruvian sourced loofah oil is typically extracted from the seeds of the loofah plant. I did postpone sending the email with questions to our supplier as I wanted to ensure we cover all necessary aspects. Apart from inquiring about the method of pressing their loofah oil, I plan to address topics such as pricing, potential bulk pricing options, and any additional details. Once I gather this information, I will share my findings. Simultaneously, we developing a product listing for the website, and I'll provide a link to the item once we have a clearer understanding of the pricing details.

Thanks for the feedback

Rachelle

I’ve never heard of loofah oil. Can you tell me how it is derived and processed
Loofah oil is derived from loofah seeds, cold pressed. Loofah is a gourd related to the squash family that grows in the heat of the summer in full sun. They can be eaten when young. When left to grow, mature and dry out they are peeled and the fibrous loofah is filled with seeds. Loofahs are awesome for scrubbing the whole body (they are not a sponge. They do not hold water, will never mold or mildew when taken care of properly), washing dishes, cleaning bathrooms etc.

Loofah oil is derived from loofah seeds, cold pressed. Loofah is a gourd related to the squash family that grows in the heat of the summer in full sun. They can be eaten when young. When left to grow, mature and dry out they are peeled and the fibrous loofah is filled with seeds. Loofahs are awesome for scrubbing the whole body (they are not a sponge. They do not hold water, will never mold or mildew when taken care of properly), washing dishes, cleaning bathrooms etc.
Thank you. I am quite familiar with loofah plants in general, and have used loofah sponges in the past. I even have some seeds in my fridge that I intend to plant in the summer. :)

However, I'd never heard of loofah oil, so I wanted to know how it was processed, i.e., from what part of the plant, whether it was extracted chemically or by mechanical pressing. The OP answered that question above.

Last edited:
Thank you. I am quite familiar with loofah plants in general, and have used loofah sponges in the past. I even have some seeds in my fridge that I intend to plant in the summer. :)

However, I'd never heard of loofah oil, so I wanted to know how it was processed, i.e., from what part of the plant, whether it was extracted chemically or by mechanical pressing. The OP answered that question above.
The farm we are getting it from uses cold pressing which I believe is the least processed. They sent me a sample and have been using on my skin to see its affects. I am truly fond of how moisturizing it is, no skin cracking this year. ;)

Latest posts

Back